Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hmm, so many choices..

I finally went to the library today after much longing for something new to read. I did start reading Great Expectations again last night out of desperation, which I haven't read that since my freshman year of high school. It was funny seeing my scribbles in the margin and what lines I underlined (we were required to take notes in the book for points). But now that I have options, I think I may have to put the dear story of Pip down for a bit.
And with great joy I present you my plethora of options:

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson, Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar, Inkheart by Cornelia Funke, A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray, Project 17 by Laurie Faria Stolarz, Bleed also by Laurie Faria Stolarz, and Identical by Ellen Hopkins.

I picked some things I keep hearing about, and some other things which were completely random.So now my dilemma is choosing which to read first. Eenie meenie minie mo? (how do you even spell that?)

If you've ever read any of these, let me know how it was!

xo, Kate

4 comments:

Hannah said...

I just got done reading Speak, and I must tell you, it's absolutely amazing!!! I bet you'll love it :)

I also just bought Crank, which is also by Ellen Hopkins. However, I've yet to read it.

Sounds like you came out of the library with some good choices!!
:)

l,
Hannah

Em said...

Speak is an amazing book! Oh Kate, I tagged you for the 4th and 4th thing. See my 2 posts today if you don't know what i mean :)

Kate said...

Hannah: Oh fanastic. I may start reading that one first :)

I saw Crank at the library as well, and thought it looked interesting. Let me know how it is!

Emily Anne: Thanks for the tag! It was fun :)

Sarah Bradford-Burton said...

Great bookshelf. Wish mine was as varied. Haha.