Somehow, all these dress up events have been going on the past few weeks. I can't complain, though; I love it! Last night, my youth group had a 1970s "rollerdisco" at the local rollerink (which was apparently the rink Jessica Simpson - or somebody - used in a music video..?). Anyway, earlier that day, I went to a Salvation Army near me and searched the racks with my friends for some disco-esque wear. I found a few different options, but decided to go with a black/white jumpsuit and ridiculous platform shoes that make me at least 6' 3"!! Haha. Since the store was having a 50% off sale, both purchases only cost me $4! And, I got an adorable green/khaki jacket (that was made in Paris?) for 4 bucks, which I cannot wait to pair with a tank top and skinny jeans ;)Honestly, I was kind of hesitant to wear the jumpsuit in public. I mean, you can run but you can't hide when you're zippered into a strange lycra/poly blend that isn't very forgiving. But alas, I walked out the door with (some) confidence in my retro getup.
Even though I didn't even attempt to rollerskate (me+skating=dangerous), it was super fun sitting around the rink, watching people skate and chatting. Sadly my camera's batteries died so I didn't get very many shots while I was there. Oh well :)
Afterwards, I went with some friends to CPK and had to get over my fear of going out in public, since the rollerink didn't really count since everyone there was dressed up. I got some stares from some curious people though. I bet they thought I just arrived from somewhere foreign (or a flight stewardess, says my mom). Haha
I hope you all are having a lovely weekend so far!
xo, Kate
Even though I didn't even attempt to rollerskate (me+skating=dangerous), it was super fun sitting around the rink, watching people skate and chatting. Sadly my camera's batteries died so I didn't get very many shots while I was there. Oh well :)
Afterwards, I went with some friends to CPK and had to get over my fear of going out in public, since the rollerink didn't really count since everyone there was dressed up. I got some stares from some curious people though. I bet they thought I just arrived from somewhere foreign (or a flight stewardess, says my mom). Haha
I hope you all are having a lovely weekend so far!
xo, Kate

6 comments:
Oh, come on, Kate. It couldn't have been that bad, right? :P
From here, the outfit looks kind of cute in a retro way :)
It sounds like you had a ton of fun, though! I've never quite gone to one of those things, but I hear about them a lot and they seem like a blast.
:D
l,
Hannah
Sounds like fun.
Can't wait to see the jacket!
i love those shoes!
I actually know that Jessica Simpson video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHn_RQaRs0g - this is the url :))
Five gold stars for being adventurous and not giving a shit what people think of what you're wearing. The jumpsuit is amazing!
And I love dressing up for fancy events as well.
Hannah: Haha, I guess it wasn't too terrible ;)
Really? Well if you ever get the chance, you must - looking for an outfit is almost more fun than the actual event! Haha
Chester: I think I might wear it tomorrow ;) We'll see how it goes.
Giggleness: Thanks! Sadly, I don't know if I'll ever wear them again.. Maybe in the spring when I feel daring :)
Zmaga: Oh my goodness! Yess that's it! Hahahah, that is too funny :D Thanks for that!
(Encyclo)lydia: Aww, well thanks for the gold stars :D You're sweet.
Ooh, so do I.. I need something like that every week, it's too fun. Haha
Post a Comment