Monday, June 15, 2009

| Pretty things are just a weakness for me.

I think blogging has fallen into a "once a week" thing for me. Oh well, I'll try to make that one post a week worth your viewing :)

Anyway, today was interesting. My mom took me and my sisters to get our pictures taken professionally at Target. We managed to corral my sisters to get a few good shots. I'll post just one of me. Haha..
But I have to tell you what this reminds me of (and my boyfriend agrees!).. If you've seen the movie Napoleon Dynamite, do you remember the picture of a girl Napoleon gets from Deb advertising her glamour portrait business or whatever? Then he keeps the picture in his wallet and says it's his girlfriend. This reminds me of that picture! It's like an '80s glam shot. Hahah! I tried finding a picture of that picture from the movie, but no luck. If you find it somewhere, tell me! I want to compare.. I might have to watch it again anyway. Hah.

Also at Target, I snatched a few things to wear for my little getaway to Palm Springs later this week with a group of my friends.. Yesterday I checked the weather for the trip, and apparently it's going to be 107 DEGREES while I'm there. I'm still in shock, so I got a white smocked skirt, a coral tank top, a blue over sized tee, and a pair of pink shorts.
After that I went to Ulta to get some essential makeup items with a coupon and to see if their buy 2, get 1 free Essie nail polish sale was something I was interested in. Of course, they didn't have the two colors I actually wanted, but I managed to find some beautiful substitutes (which I think are now my new favorite colors!). But the crazy thing is that the three colors I bought match up exactly with the colors of the clothes I got at Target. It's trippy! I didn't even realize until I got in the car and evaluated all my purchases. Proof!:
IMG_3423
Essie colors from left to right: Shop Till I Drop, Sag Harbor, Swept Off My Feet.


Isn't that crazy?! I love it. I just painted my nails Shop Till I Drop, and although it is sheerer than I wanted, three coats satisfies me :) It's a precious coral-y pink.

Last week I finally got these bracelets I ordered from Erica Weiner Jewelry. I think I first saw them on The Clothes Horse and fell in love. I completely adore them! I think I've managed to wear them everyday since they came. It's fun wearing random, almost retro names on my wrist. Haha :)
IMG_3425
IMG_3409
These are the three out of the five I've been wearing:
Claire, Marlene, Wendy.

Anyway, I think my nails are nearly dry so I'll be off!
xo, Kate

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Hahahah the fact that you compared that picture to the one in Napoleon Dynamite cracks me up! I'd have to watch it again to compare, too.
It's been a while :P

Ooh I love the nail colors! I've been meaning to get over to the local beauty shop to get me some colors for summer, but haven't found the time.
I really like the "Swept Off My Feet"!

xo,
hk

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I'm glad you like bracelets. They are so fun to wear.

Jessica Leigh said...

LOVE the matching colors! You know I'm a sucker for things that match! haha. Those bracelets are so random but cute! Cool find. Oh, and I'm digging the term "my boyfriend".

mi said...

Nice blog!
Milana
xxxx