Here is a taste of what I've been wearing this past week since I've been totally absent (sorry!)..
I wore this to school last week.

Black top, Old Navy; Floral skirt, thrifted.
I wore this out to get sushi and shop with my best friend yesterday.

Blue tank, Old Navy; Skirt, Thakoon for Target.
(It seems like I've been on a high waisted skirt kick from these pictures, but I think it was only those two days. Haha..)
When I went shopping yesterday (at Marshall's. Go figure..), I thought I was on a mission to find a maxi dress. I did end up trying on like, SEVEN of them, with only three being considered in the end. Here they are (poor lighting and all. ha):

I was really torn between the first and second ones. The first one was nice and cotton-y, but it had a few stains on it. The second was absolutely gorgeous and was truly a maxi - I couldn't see my feet! That's the first time a dress has covered my toes, so I was impressed. It was also beautiful from behind, as it had a low back with delicate straps criss-crossing across. My best friend deemed it the "mermaid dress." I was really close in getting it, but I just didn't feel like I could just throw it on anytime and be comfortable. I think it was almost too gorgeous. Haha
So I ended up buying a (shorter) plaid dress and a beautifully detailed bra :) Here's the dress, although you can't see the length in this picture:
..I think I've been watching too much America's Next Top Model. Hahaha
I'm really happy with my purchases, especially since it was paid for by a gift card from my mom ;) But I feel like I can totally throw on this dress and not even think about it twice, and that's what I was going for.
So lately I have been listening to The Script on repeat. I think they are my new favorite. They're a band from Dublin and they were actually featured on The Hills last week. :) Here's one of my favorite songs..
They remind me of a mix between Maroon 5, The Bravery, and others... What do you think? :)
I also love their song Before the Worst. Check it out.
Anyway, that's all for now! Hope you enjoyed all these photos. Hahaha!
xo, Kate
I wore this to school last week.

Black top, Old Navy; Floral skirt, thrifted.
I wore this out to get sushi and shop with my best friend yesterday.

Blue tank, Old Navy; Skirt, Thakoon for Target.
(It seems like I've been on a high waisted skirt kick from these pictures, but I think it was only those two days. Haha..)
When I went shopping yesterday (at Marshall's. Go figure..), I thought I was on a mission to find a maxi dress. I did end up trying on like, SEVEN of them, with only three being considered in the end. Here they are (poor lighting and all. ha):

I was really torn between the first and second ones. The first one was nice and cotton-y, but it had a few stains on it. The second was absolutely gorgeous and was truly a maxi - I couldn't see my feet! That's the first time a dress has covered my toes, so I was impressed. It was also beautiful from behind, as it had a low back with delicate straps criss-crossing across. My best friend deemed it the "mermaid dress." I was really close in getting it, but I just didn't feel like I could just throw it on anytime and be comfortable. I think it was almost too gorgeous. Haha
So I ended up buying a (shorter) plaid dress and a beautifully detailed bra :) Here's the dress, although you can't see the length in this picture:
..I think I've been watching too much America's Next Top Model. Hahaha
I'm really happy with my purchases, especially since it was paid for by a gift card from my mom ;) But I feel like I can totally throw on this dress and not even think about it twice, and that's what I was going for.
So lately I have been listening to The Script on repeat. I think they are my new favorite. They're a band from Dublin and they were actually featured on The Hills last week. :) Here's one of my favorite songs..
They remind me of a mix between Maroon 5, The Bravery, and others... What do you think? :)
I also love their song Before the Worst. Check it out.
Anyway, that's all for now! Hope you enjoyed all these photos. Hahaha!
xo, Kate


17 comments:
I love maxi dresses, so chic
Fabulous pictures and cute oufits! (:
http://placeforthemoment.blogspot.com/
i totally love all of your outfits!
xoxo
-S
i like the 2nd one and the third one! great prints:)
Oooh I love the maxi dresses! I almost got one at Old Navy a month or so back, but it was white and a bit too sheer hahah.
I completely adore the first outfit!! So adorable :D:D
xo,
hk
go back and get that second maxi dress silly!!
I love all those maxi dresses! Especially the second one, looks like you had quite a day. :)
I really like high wasited skirts but I don't have any.
ooh, your thrifted floral skirt is absolutely gorgeous!
and the script are great aren't they! they're so big over here in the uk. and yes, they are similar to maroon 5 come to think of it!
thanks for the sweet comment about my artwork :).
x
fabulous
xL
i love your skirts!! you look so pretty xx
thanks doll,
my nail polish is a limited edition one by Nails inc, it's similar to "capri" by Essie though x
Here is my two cents, for what it is worth, Miss Gorgeous in Anything so what really does it matter anyway...?!
1) there will always be another dress we want :)
2) sometimes not being able to see your toes mean you could trip and fall, or will take practice to get used to = time consuming, although yes, a beautiful number on you :)
3) - oops guess this is my three cents then, sorry! - one can never go wrong in plaid...and you look divine. Very summery.
Hey! Tomorrow is a new day, and am sure if you look hard enough, a new maxi dress will appear out of nowhere to make you want it all over again! Yes, being a fashionista with awesome taste is hard, but Sweetie, you are so good at it!!
Hope you have a lovely day xo
And I hope you know, although I appear to not be able to spell check until after I post, well, yes, that is actually true. Sorry
:(
I love that song too! I downloaded the whole album, but I haven't got around to listening to it yet.
love your first skirt and the second maxi dress! your plaid dress is really cute, too
http://fashionhandglide.blogspot.com
I like the high waisted skirts! Really cute...and I wish I could tell you my favorite of the three maxi dresses but they're all so beautiful! The 2nd and 3rd look super comfortable. AND I LOVE THE PLAID DRESS!!!! I feel like you can accessorize/sweater/tights with it really well.
Post a Comment